Cracking the Code


This is a boring day. Since I woke up, all I've been thinking is reconfiguring my home wi-fi. I was informed my wi-fi range has reached beyond the 5m radius that I prefer. Its radius can now provide free wi-fi to at least 20 households. And I have no plans of sharing my connection to the entire village. Hmmm, come to think of it, I can earn from this if only I wanted to...a few hundred bucks from each household multiplied by, say just 10...that's gonna pay for my monthly broadband connection..and more actually..but what the heck, I won't do that. It's been a while since I checked the signal strength outside and I totally forgot to move from WEP to WAP2-PSK security encryption. WEP provides very weak protection, not to mention how annoying it is to have to encode MAC addresses for filtering. So, now I had no choice but to deal with reconfiguring my router...I turned off SSID broadcast, configured a password.. I'm not done yet, but I should be in a while.. when I'm done, I might write again..

No comments: