Here's Good News, At Last!


I've been reading some news these days and nothing has changed, really. It's all the same -- politics, crime, poverty, etc.. So when I came across something more positive, I couldn't help but share it. Besides, everything good is worth sharing.

I've watched "An Inconvenient Truth" on an orginal VCD (not bragging, just expressing support in the fight against anti-piracy that supports terrorism all over the world, but that's a different topic altogether, so I'll save it for next time :)haha..)I bought from Odyssey few months back. And it really is "an inconvenient truth", if it were true. There are of course skeptics who say that it is completely absurd or exaggerated, but these skeptics are those who actually know nothing about climate research so I guess I'd rather believe statistics and solid data rather than seemingly profound yet empty words lacking proof of any form. And the "Aries" personality in me would want to focus on prevention rather than cure. All of us should, actually. Now, the government, amidst all the politics and economic crisis has managed to devise this plan (i hope not just to distract us all from all the other political issues,though)of including climate change in the curriculum for the next school year (that's june of this year). The news reads "3 State Agencies to Integrate Climate Change Topic in Education Curriculum". According to this news, and I quote "To raise awareness on climate change, the Presidential Task Force on Climate Change (PTFCC), Department of Education (DepEd) and the National Power Corp. (Napocor) recently signed a memorandum of understanding aiming to integrate a subject or topic in climate change in the school curriculum.". This is what I'm talking about. Let politicking take a sidestep for a while and let's concentrate on matters that involve us "all" and when I say all, I mean "all the world", "all of us". I'm not saying we'll have to ditch politics altogether because it is also essential in our lives. What I'm saying is that while we're at it, let's not forget that there are issues that are bigger than "lozada" or the rice crisis or the price increases. There are issues that are beyond us, of a bigger impact and relevance. Let us not forget that. And let us be aware of our responsibilities. Just a thought. To read the full news article, click here.

No comments: